Call for Co-Chair Nominations
The election for a new Co-Chair for 2014-2015 will be conducted during the Coalition's quarterly meeting this Saturday, Jan 4th held at the University of Central Florida - College of Nursing, 12201 Research Parkway, 3rd Floor, Orlando, Florida. The nomination and election process follows the Governing Documents.
Nomination/Election Process For Co-Chair
- Nominations for the Co-chair position will be submitted to the Co-Chair – George Peraza-Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gwen Randall (email@example.com) via email by Friday, January 3rd Midnight.
- Nominees must be able to demonstrate engagement with the Coalition.
- No two co-chairs can be a representative from the same organization.
- The new co-chair elect will serve from January 2014 to December 2015.
- Nominations may also be accepted from the floor prior to the presentation of nominees and election.
- Each nominee will provide an oral (5 minutes) or written statement (two pages) to include: a) Previous Coalition engagement activities, b) Position Statement, c) Vision for the Coalition.
- A teller will be selected from the membership. The teller will be responsible for conducting the voting and for tabulating the results.
- Voting will be conducted after the presentation of nominees. Only Coalition members present may vote. Per Governing Documents, only one (1) vote per Member Group can be casted.
- Voting will be conducted by hand written ballot. If a Group Representative is online, then that member will call vote into the teller.
- The voting will occur no longer than 30 minutes or when all members present have cast a ballot.
- The teller will tabulate the ballots and will announce the elected co-chair.
- The nominee receiving the most votes will be elected. In case of a tie, the chair will be elected by Lot. The Teller will be responsible for overseeing the drawing by Lot.